Friday, March 7, 2014

Go Blonder


Natural platinum blondes are hard to come by. More often than not blondes (including myself) spent a large amount of time and money keeping up our golden locks. Unfortunately, being a broke college girl, a $90 half foil isn't in my budget for every 5th week. That's when the roots start to show and the skunk-look emerges. Thankfully the next weeks don't have to be full of headbands and baseball hats thanks to one of my life saving products, Go Blonder by John Frieda. 

This is a controlled lightening spray that permanently lightens blonde hair. It comes in a 3.5 ounce yellow, spray bottle, and is about 8 dollars at your local Target. This product does contain hydrogen peroxide, which is activated by heat. So, to use this product, I get out of the shower, spray about 6-7 sprays throughout my roots and comb it through. I then blow dry my hair and for optimal lightening use either a straightener or curling iron on it afterwards. After about 3-4 uses you will notice a difference and brightness in your hair color. 

Now I do not recommend using this product every day, or on the most highlighted parts of your hair. This can cause excess damage and dryness that us blondes DO NOT need. I swear by this product, and it really blends my roots in nicely. This is what gets my through my long waits until my hairdresser can work his magic. 

Try it out and let me know what you think! I'd love to hear everyones reviews!

xoxo Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment