Friday, April 11, 2014

Curls

One of my most commonly asked question from people is, How do I get my hair to look the way it does? My reply (half joking, half not) is " I don't brush it!" In reality the key to great hair is partially a good cut, and partially using the right tools. 
If you have longer hair, and want a waterfall look to your curls, I suggest getting a cut with a decent amount of layering and framing around the face. This gives less weight to your curls allowing for more volume. 
Everyone has their own preference on tools and ways in which to get the best curls. I used to be a avid straightener curler. Within the past year I have switched over to the curling wand and have no plans on going back. The key to a good wand is making sure it is ceramic. Metal curling irons or any hair tools just don't give the same definition and hold as all of the new ceramic tools do. Also, I suggest a curling wand that is 1 inch straight. That means that it has a 1 inch diameter all the way around, unlike some which taper to a point at the end. 
The amazing thing about buying a great curling wand is that it doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg the way a quality straightener does. 
I use the Revlon 1 Inch Nano Diamond Retractable Curling Wand
It was purchased at my local Target. Some similar brands can be found at your local Ulta all for around $30-35. 
I highly recommend investing in a curling wand if you're looking for a new and easy way to get luscious locks!

xoxo Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment